Sea-Change Sailing Trust is a member of The Association of Sail Training Organisations. ASTO have commissioned researched into the effect of residential sail training voyages on the lives of participants. Group leaders reported the following outcomes with their young people:
- 93% Sense of achievement,
- 90% Improved wellbeing and confidence
- 89% Improved self-control and discipline
- 88% Increased resilience
- 91% Improved aspirations and motivation
- 89% Improved communication skills
Best of all – its also fun! At Sea-Change Sailing Trust it’s also low-carbon, as our Thames sailing barge Blue Mermaid has no engine! We take groups of up to ten young people and two leaders on residential voyages around the East Anglian coast. Contact us today to find out more.