Sea-Change is an Approved Activity Provider for the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and offers the 5 day Residential section to those working towards their Gold Award.
The aim of the residential is to inspire you through a constant involvement with people you don’t know, who are usually from different backgrounds and bring alternative views to the challenges you will face.
Our five day residential broadens your experiences by empowering you to make a difference in a team-based residential setting aboard a large traditional sailing vessel.
The dates for this course during 2016 are 28th March, 1st August and 24th October. We may be able to slot individual into other weeks too. Please click here for our itinerary and a typical programme.
The cost is £475 per head including food, safety equipment and waterproofs. In cases of hardship we may be able to assist you with a bursary towards the cost of your residential.
Through completing the Residential section you will:
- Meet people
- Develop the confidence to thrive in an unfamiliar environment
- Build new relationships and show concern for others
- Work as part of a team towards shared goals
- Accept responsibility for themselves and others
- Develop communication skills and effective coping mechanisms
- Develop respect and understanding for others
- Show initiative
- Develop the skills and attitudes to live and work with others
Please contact us for booking information
If you are not working towards your DofE but would like to join us anyway and undertake traditional seamanship training please make contact.